Below is a general outline of what we talk about during the interview. Note that the epic day you are describing can be one of your own personal fishing trips, or a client trip if you are a guide or outfitter. The interview only takes 15-20 minutes, which is roughly split between Parts I and II below.
Part I - Angler Introduction
- Where do you live and what is your “day job”?
- If you are in the fishing business, we can discuss the fishing-related things you do and tell people how they can get in contact with you (this information will be listed on our show notes page as well).
- How did you get hooked on fishing?
- How old were you when you got hooked?
- Who got you hooked?
- What type of fishing have you done over the years?
- What type of fishing do you do now, and what species do you fish for (and where)?
Part II – Your best day of fishing ever!
- Setting the stage (the 3 W’s):
- Where (was it)?
- When (was it, fall/spring/summer/winter)?
- Weather (what were the conditions)?
- What happened?
- Describe the location and scenery.
- Describe how the day started and walk through the events.
- Talk about the types of lures/bait/tackle you used.
- When did it dawn on you that this was no ordinary day of fishing?
- Conclusion - what was the key to your epic day?